- Winter Is Coming. Restaurants Are Getting Ready
Entrepreneurs, designers, and restaurateurs themselves are devising novel ways to extend outdoor dining into the frigid months.
- New Research: Jargon Is a Sign of Insecurity, Not Smarts
The more worried people are about their status, the more buzzwords they use.
- The Surprisingly Obvious Reason Apple Won't Sell as Many iPhone 12's. It's All Part of the Plan
The iPhone 11 is now the best value you can get in a smartphone.
- What You Need to Know About Hiring Creatives
How to find the best talent to help you with any type of creative project--whether it's designing software, producing a podcast, or enhancing your social media content.
- Bill Gates Predicted Zoom 25 Years Ago. Here's What He Says Is Coming Next
At the GeekWire Summit, the Microsoft Founder shared his views of the future.
- Why Transparency Is the Hallmark of a Great Leader
Accomplished entrepreneurs Carey Smith, Diana Lee, and Nicole Sahin trumpeted the power of openness in a town-hall discussion at the Inc. 5000 Vision Conference.
- Monday at the Inc. 5000 Conference: Soledad O'Brien Has a Game You Have to Try
Check out some of the wisdom--and even a useful team-building game--the speakers shared during the first day of the 2020 Inc. 5000 Vision conference.
- 3 Important Lessons From Airbnb's Pandemic Pivot
Brian Chesky led Airbnb out of disaster this year. What can entrepreneurs learn from his rapid-fire decision making?
- Do Managers Need to Hide Their Stress From Employees?
Managers should project calm -- but they'realso human.
- 10 Books Tim Ferriss Thinks You Should Read
Books filled with new perspectives, new strategies, and new ways to improve your business. And yourself.
- Zoom + PowerPoint = Hell On Earth
The horror... The horror...
- The Apple Watch Series 6 Is Boring, and That’s a Good Thing
The improvements to the latest Apple Watch aren't revolutionary, but that's okay.
- Microsoft’s New 6-Word Remote Work Policy Is Brilliant. Here’s Why Your Company Should Steal It
Microsoft's new policy is great because it recognizes its employees as individuals. And that's empowering.
- How This 5-Year-Old Space Startup Landed a Groundbreaking Government Contract
Michigan-based Atlas Space made it big by innovating in an often-overlooked area of the space industry.
- Stanford Neuroscientist: You Must Accept This Hard Truth About Learning as an Adult If You Want to Get Smarter
Your brain isn't wired to learn new skills as an adult, but you can force it to using this two-step process.
- How to Successfully Transition to a Hybrid Workforce
Many companies will need to learn to support on-site, remote and distributed staff.
- Here's What Bill Gates Says You Should Expect in 2021 and Beyond
At the GeekWire Summit, the Microsoft founder talked pandemic, climate change, and cement.
- According to Bill Gates, If You Ask These 2 Questions You’ll Become a Better Leader
The more you learn, the better you lead.
- This Was the Worst Moment of the iPhone Event. Why It Was Actually a Brilliant Power Move by Apple
If Apple gets more people to buy iPhones by partnering more closely with Verizon, this move could end up looking brilliant.
- OfferUp's Founder Sent an Important Message to Employees, Customers, and Everyone Else. Here's Why You Should Too
Just making a request can have a big impact.
- With Just 8 Words, the CEO of United Airlines Just Shared the Perfect Leadership Message for 2020
Scott Kirby went back 78 years to quote Winston Churchill, and it's suddenly apt again.
- Amazon Prime Day Brings in a Record $3.5 Billion for Third-Party Sellers. Holiday Shopping May Never Be the Same
Moving the two-day online sale to October could lead to earlier holiday shopping in the future.
- 4 Tips to Stay Productive in Turbulent Times
Staying informed doesn't have to destroy your productivity. Here's how to avoid news bingeing and stay focused and creative instead.
- Target Has a Brilliant 4 Word Response to Amazon’s Huge Prime Day Results
The popular retailer had a big shopping event, but its reaction to its larger competitor is even more buzz-worthy.
- 9 Thought-Provoking Insights Overheard On EO Impact Day As Entrepreneurs Brainstorm About Purpose-Driven Impact
'Service to others is the rent we pay for the room we live in while here on Earth.' --Muhammad Ali
- Neuroscience Reveals People Who Make the Right Choice Between These 2 Things Learn Faster and Retain Information Better
The key isn't just how you learn; the key is what you do before you learn.
- Go Behind the Scenes on the Latest Small-Business News From Inc.
Sign up now for daily texts from me to stay up on the most topical business news you need to know about now.
- 3 Interview Takeaways From Netflix's 'Indian Matchmaking'
Recruitment is a lot like dating. Here's how to use Netflix's 'Indian Matchmaking' as a guide.
- Why Managers Should Remove Process, Not Add It
It's time to grow beyond what we already know of standardization and process in business, and focus on alignment instead.
- You Need A Strategy For Managing Your Employees' Mental Health and Wellbeing
Communicate with purpose, reframe negative events, and look for early warnings.
For over 30 years, Cornerstone has helped product-oriented businesses implement and customize business ERP software that helps them better run and manage every aspect of their business; from sales, e-commerce, CRM, manufacturing, distribution, accounting, barcoding, and much more. Contact us today!