SAP Software Offers Structure for Smart Business Leaders
The Perils of Unstructured Data in Business:
Towards the beginning of a business’s inception, founders will test the usefulness of a variety of different tools to get critical tasks accomplished in a timely manner. Unfortunately, many of these beginner business tools are running off of a wide variety of very different systems that are completely disconnected from one another. Successful leaders begin and end their workdays based on knowledge attained through analysis of highly structured, completely connected information. A lack of structure in your system means that time and effort is routinely committed to wading through increasingly greater amounts of text, image, audio and video data. That translates to:
- Less Time to Innovate and Produce
- Decreased Customer Retention
- Fewer Sales
Cornerstone Consulting, Inc. understands the need to eliminate these obstacles especially for small to midsized businesses. So we offer SAP Business One, which includes a critically important feature called Enterprise Search to help get our clients the results they need quickly and easily.
The Benefits of the SAP Business One’s Enterprise Search Tool:
The Enterprise Search is essentially a tool that allows for the organized retrieval of structured and unstructured data in an organization. It affords you content awareness or collection, which simply connects all of your business files, documents and data to a Google-like search engine tool; content processing and analysis, which involves a section of the program that examines all the different file types you’re using (i.e. XML, HTML, MS Office documents, etc.) and processes them as plain text for your system to accurately and easily interpret; indexing, which as the terminology implies creates an index or dictionary of unique terms so that your system doesn’t waste time scanning through entire documents or files; query processing, which gives you the ability to search for just about anything in your database just as you would on Google via the web; and finally matching, which compares the question or keywords you type, using the SAP B1 Enterprise Search tool with the fully processed and indexed information for an immediate display of the results you need from relevant files, documents, etc.
What Makes SAP Business One’s Enterprise Search Feature Unique?
The Enterprise Search is unique because it utilizes Sinequa, RAVN Connect and the Intelligent Data Operating Layer a.k.a. IDOL.
How SAP Business One’s Enterprise Search Uses Sinequa, RAVN and IDOL:
Sinequa uses natural language processing and points out the most convenient resources based on your searches, such as the experts in your own company who can offer much-needed clarity and insight into your decision-making process. It’s worth noting that, most competitor systems need at least 7 to 10 times as many resources to match Sinequa’s performance. RAVN Connect further helps you by combining search capabilities with collaboration features to encourage the sharing of knowledge in your enterprise. If that’s not enough, IDOL works on enabling you to extract valuable meaning and to act on virtually all forms of available information including unstructured audio, video, image, social media, email and web content, as well as structured data such as customer transaction logs. All of this (Sinequa, RAVN and IDOL) comes together to help you to save significant time and to focus on the most important aspects of running your business.
SAP B1’s Enterprise Search feature gives you the power to:
- Quickly find out which activities you need to complete by searching open activities and opportunities.
- Speed up the search process with a Google-like search tool built into SAP Business One.
- Search by date. For example, find all sales invoices created on a certain date.
- Quickly create a sales order while on the phone with freestyle search.
- Search for customers or vendors with only partial information.
- See a history of which documents you were working on last.
- Create your own user defined fields to include in searches.
- See an overview of all open sales orders for customers.
- Find out who called you last with one click.
- Search by business partner code.
- Track sales workflow.
So to sum everything up, here’s what you’ve learned:
- Unstructured data is a major detriment to efficiency in businesses, which is eliminated with SAP B1’s Enterprise Search feature.
- SAP Business One’s built-in Enterprise Search feature allows you to maintain structured data using high quality tools like Sinequa, RAVN Connect and IDOL.
- Altogether SAP B1 is a high quality tool designed to keep you organized, focused and enlightened about your business through the use of its Search Enterprise feature.
SAP: Small and Midsize Business Management Software Solutions
If you have any questions about SAP Business One’s Enterprise Search capabilities, please contact Cornerstone Consulting at 813-321-1300.