Having the Right ERP System is Critical
For the success of any manufacturing and/or distribution company, business leaders understand that the simpler the software and technology is for their employees to use, the better. That is why so many leaders of manufacturing and/or distribution companies are implementing enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions. At their core, ERP systems are “all-in-one” integrated accounting, inventory management, and customer relationship management (CRM) modules. The businesses currently using separate software programs for the management of accounting, CRM, and inventory, are spending valuable usable employee time on redundant data entry tasks. In addition, when using many different non-integrated software systems, employees are not easily catching their own mistakes or typos. Further, when customer, inventory and vendor data is not in one database, it is difficult for department heads to generate up-to-the-minute analytical reports. Without accurate data, leaders of departments cannot make timely business decisions.
How to Determine if ERP is the Right Software Solution for Your Business
To determine if you should upgrade your existing software with an ERP system such as SAP Business One, ask yourself these questions:
1. Is all of your mission critical business data in one database?
2. Are you using more than one software application to manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory tracking, warehouse control, and customer relationship management (CRM)?
3. Do your department heads argue over spreadsheets?
4. Can you instantly see a dashboard which contains up-to-the-minute information about your profit and loss, best customers, how much revenue your top salespeople are generating, which items are selling the best?
5. Can your software alert you to data deviations and potential problems with items, customers, and vendors?
6. Does it take your staff a lot of time to process the sale of an item?
7. Can your staff currently process the sale of items as well as manage customers and vendors via mobile devices (iPads / iPhones)?
SAP Business One ERP System Research
SAP’s best selling ERP for small and midsize businesses (SMB and SME) can be installed and run on your on-premise server or in a cloud. The database options are MS SQL and SAP HANA (for querying data at lightning fast speeds). MS SQL is a traditional database. SAP HANA is an in memory database. As a singular data system, right “out of the box” SAP Business One offers completely integrated:
- Sales Opportunity Management
- Order Entry
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Business Partner (Customer/Vendor) Management
- Production Entry
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- Service Management
- HR Management
- Crystal Reports Reporting Engine
- Dashboard and Analytics Displays
Create an ERP Strategy
If you are the business owner, you may want to assign one employee (preferably with knowledge of ERP systems) to review information online concerning software solutions like SAP Business One. Next, create a list of the essential business requirements and any additional functionality you may require such as electronic and/or mobile commerce, bar codes and scanning, and warehouse management. This type of discovery might result in need for additional processes and software.
Review Your Needs With the ERP Software Resellers
Consult your team as well as others who perform those tasks having to do with inventory and distribution, accounting and finance, purchasing and operations, along with analytics and reporting,and review all essential ERP business processes. Describe the current flow of sales orders, work orders, and production orders with the business partners / resellers. Next, discuss how you envision the processing of orders within an ERP, and any add-on apps you may require, with the business partners / resellers.
Schedule the ERP Demo
Now that you have an outline of all essential processes, contact the business partners / resellers to schedule the demos of the enterprise software systems. It is a good idea to have someone from each department within your organization attend the demonstrations of the software.
SAP Business Partner | Cornerstone Consulting | 813-321-1300
Run your business better today ““ and be ready for an amazingly successful future. Find out if this flexible, quick-to-implement business management solution can take you there. For immediate answers to questions about SAP Business One sales, support, and services, please feel free to Contact Cornerstone and speak with a Certified SAP Business One Consultant at 813-321-1300. Looking forward to connecting with you. We are happy to discuss if this all-in-one business-management solution that integrates your company’s core functions is the right fit for your enterprise needs.
Why is SAP Business One SAP’s Best Selling ERP System?
1. It is simple to use. Please see the SAP Business One iTour
2. It is affordable. Professional (super) users approx. $3,000. Limited (financial, logistics, CRM) users approx. $1,500
3. Can be run on iPads and iPhones
SAP Small Business Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems | SAP Business One Software, Related Services and Tech Support
Why do so many growing Manufacturing, Online Retail and/or Wholesale Distribution businesses located in FL, as well as companies located through out the U.S., rely on Cornerstone for enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, related services and technical support? As an award-winning Top Value Added Reseller and SAP Gold Partner, simply stated, our expertise is superior. Cornerstone Consulting has been providing state-of-the-art business software systems, as well as related technical support, to small and mid-sized manufacturing and wholesale distribution enterprises for more than thirty years.